Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Showered" with Love!!

First, I can't believe it's been so long since I updated our site - where does the time go?? My apologies for being so behind...I have been so busy getting things ready for our little monkey's arrival that the days turned into weeks and here we are at the end of September already! We can't believe he's going to be here in less than 3 weeks! YIKES!! How does one truly prepare for the biggest life changing event ever? With a baby shower - of course!! ;)


On Saturday, August 29th and Sunday, August 30th, Justin and I were humbled by the absolutely generous outpouring of love and gifts during both of (yep - that's right - 2 of them!!) our baby showers!! We have so many wonderful people in our lives that the festivities were split into two parts and we made it a weekend extravaganza!!! Both days were absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have wished for anything more (other than having the loved ones that are so far to be here with us, too!!) Needless to say, by Sunday evening I was so exhausted that I could barely move!

However, I'm happy to report that three weeks later, his nursery is almost completely ready and both of our bags are packed (sort of!) There is no mistaking that there is going to be a baby in our house very soon!! Poor Simon has no idea what to make of all of the new things - he's in for quite the shock!!

Well, there isn't much else for me to say...(I know - me at a loss for words? As if!) We're in the home stretch now and as ready as we'll ever be! I imagine that I will be updating this site very soon with pictures of tiny toes and fingers...and lots of happy tears!

We can't wait to share this journey with all of you!!

Until then - wish us luck!!!

Love,
The Dorfs!

1 comment:

  1. Three weeks!! Holy Cow!!! "How does one get ready" you may ask? Well the truth is NO ONE can really get ready for it...it's too mind blowing. So my advice would be to spend as much time with Justin as you can. It will be the only time the rest of your lives, it will only be just the two of you...:) So go out on a few dates, even if you are too tired! TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete